Friday, August 24, 2007

Here we are, judging and stuff

Here's a link to the SND website, where the students are blogging our progress...

Here's a great piece I just reviewed. Check out the cool feature that lets you see a 360 degree view, with a corresponding map showing you which direction you're looking.

Here's an excellent Flash graphic explaining how a plane crash happened.

More great stuff: I LOVE this awesome MSNBC collection of Superbowl ads. It puts the ads in brackets and lets you vote for the winner of ad showdowns.

Why are they fighting in Iraq? Here's a guy who actually answers the question in a way that you can understand.

Cool campaign finance interactive from the NYTimes.

Cool Philly murders interactive database.

The Times Picayune's excellent Flash graphic explaining the disappearing wetlands.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Those are both impressive entries. I especially like the NYT one on the Cory Lidle plane crash -- it's not as cool as the 360 camera thing, but it conveys a lot of information and really helps me understand the story.

Also, quite the impressive bio you've got there, girly. And you didn't even mention that you're a scary check-raiser and make a mean fried-egg sandwich.

Mark said...

So what was your choice on the ads?

I went through all the brackets and my winner ended up being the Budweiser "Rock" ad.

I was surprised how many of the Bud ads struck me as funny and effective. Maybe I'm drunk. Or maybe Budweiser should skip the beer and just go into the advertising business.

Anyway, great multimedia time-waster.

Michelle said...

dang -- I haven't had a chance to go back and finish filling out my brackets yet. The Rock ad did make it through the first level though.

Anonymous said...

Mark's comment nudged me to read your bio. Very impressive is right!
I feel like putting out a lawn-sign that says, Michelle Nicolosi slept here.

Very proud of you!

Mark said...

she slept lots of places.