Sunday, August 26, 2007

Home again, Home again


Man, is it nice not to be flying. The trip home took all dong day.

I really enjoyed doing the SND judging. The judges were all cool and smart and we ended up having a lot of good conversations about how we do things differently at each of our sites. I compared notes a bit with guys from USA Today, National Geographic and Boston.com, and Jen from the Fort Worth Star Telegram. I ended up wishing we'd had more time to do that kind of talking about all the similar problems we're all having, and the solutions we've come up with.

We ended up giving three gold SND awards yesterday. Of all the things I've posted here, which one would you give a gold to?

On the way home I read an extremely irritating book, Cult of the Amateur. My short comment/review: Boo dee hoo.

More on that later.

No comments: