Friday, August 24, 2007

I heart Moliere ...


... the rest of you guys, I'm not too sure about.

For as long as I can remember my sister Mich and I have shared a little expression. Whenever we get bugged by somebody's annoying [fill-in-the-blank] -- dumb decision at work, dinnertime sales call, whatever -- we utter the same shorthand dis: I hate people. Maybe it's just self-pity but I've noticed in my dealings with the health care industry that I find myself muttering I hate people more than I used to.

Misanthropy is a nice five-dollar word for hating people as a philosophy or full-time gig, and something about it appeals to me. I've even contemplated a blog tracking all my petty gripes: The Misanthrope, I'd call it.

That's probably too self-poisoning to maintain as a stand-alone journal. But writing my earlier post about cement dude I decided to create a separate "misanthrope" category here for our little rants.

Watch out, annoying people.

1 comment:

Kate Cohen said...

Laurie and I have a dinner conversation category that would have lots of overlap with the Misanthrope blog category. We call it Bile of the Day.

Of course, not all Bile of the Day is generated by the unthinking acts of hate-able numbskulls -- but it's a hell of a subset.