Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I heart my camera




Someone I know this weekend said he's amazed how clear the photos I post are. I agree -- my camera rocks. In case you're wondering, and want a camera that will do all the work for you OR will let you drive -- it's a Canon 20D This is a two generations ago camera -- Canon came out last year with the 30D and is about to release the 40D, which was just announced on Amazon the other day.




I've held the 30D and will admit I salivate over the bigger viewing screen. I hear the 40D shoots action shots a bit faster and has the ability to wirelessly transmit photos. Each subsequent release is a bit more expensive and a bit heavier than mine. Check them all out -- but I'm happy with what I've got. If I was buying again right now I'd buy the 20D at a deep discount -- $869 on Amazon -- just $100 more than the much lower grade Canon Rebel. I would NOT buy it with the kit lens. Instead, buy it body only and get the f1.4 50 mm. This prime lens is incredibly sharp and cool. It gives you limited range but it also gives you the ability to shoot sharp photos while you decide whether to drop a load on a high quality L lens zoom (like I did, no the 24-70 mm) or just go with a lower grade consumer lens.

Thems my two cents, anyways.

1 comment:

Kate Cohen said...

I am pointing my mom to this post. this is the kind of thin you need mom!