Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Reading road trip

On our trip to Eugene to visit Grandma Rita, we talked a bit about the poker road trip book idea, and as Michelle mentioned I'm reading and learning a lot from the book proposal guide that Kay sent me. When we stopped by Borders one afternoon I picked up a couple more travel narratives to put me in the mood -- Bill Bryson's “The Lost Continent” and Elizabeth Gilbert's bestseller “Eat Pray Love.”

And when we got home tonight there was a box from Amazon with “Blue Highways.” Looks like I've got a lot of good reading ahead, and I can finally give up on “Cross Country,” by Robert Sullivan, which I've tried to slog through but can't stand.

1 comment:

Kate Cohen said...

I love this idea of all these books flying back and forth: screenwriting, travel, book proposals ...