Saturday, September 22, 2007

Another reader heard from!

My sister Michele and her family (this is her with my nephew Tony) went to the Puyallup Fair today (say pyoo-AL-up). It's the biggest fair in Washington and oodles of old-fashioned Americana fun. Also good strawberry scones.



Here's Mich's report:

"We had a good time. I'm very full. Total consumption (me alone): 1 Krusty Pup, 1 roasted corn, 1 onion burger (Tony helped), 1 strawberry shortcake, a few fries. Whew!"

---

And earlier today ...

Franny, Gina and I played our weekly game of Sorry!

2 comments:

freda said...

well, you said incremental so here is a glimpse into the frustration of senility, though my doctor says it is a common reaction for post Katrina folks. I started packing for my trip, it is a difficult process, because I have to pack cloths for Maryland to move Steve's family, then for London and Wales which means cold and rain, then for Virginia. But at the same time I have to be sure to have enough space to bring back all the stuff I left in London last time. So - none of the stuff I wear here is appropriate. No sandals or shorts. Where is my purse? I don't know. I look for it while finding things to pack. Finally after an hour I find it, but it took so long I can't remember why I needed it. damn. Well, what time is it? do I have enough time to check your blog before I leave. oh yes, that's why I needed my purse, my watch is in it. damn. Fred Astaire is on TV. Man was he skinny. Its funny, back then the men were anorexic and the women were gorgeous and curvy and sexy. not like the stick figures today. oh well, time to go. bye

Mark said...

Awesome comment, Freda, as usual.

Have a great trip. Tell the boys and their wives and kids hi for us -- and Wales too; I loved it there.