Friday, September 14, 2007

Me and the Big Boys

I'm moderating a panel in social media in L.A. next month. It's titled "It's a conversation, stupid: Blogs, Wikis, Social Networking and USG Meets Journalism."

The panelists include:
o Amy Gahran, editor, Poynter Web Tips and conversational consultant
o Michael Davidson, CEO of Newsvine
o Kinsey Wilson, executive editor, USAToday.com
o Neil Budde, editor in chief, Yahoo! News
o Mitch Gelman, executive producer, CNN.com

I really don't know what they're thinking asking me to moderate these gigantors. In anycase, I've pulled together this here survey on social media... take it if you have time, and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

freda said...

I justlooked at your survey. Wow! I'm afraid I am not qualified to even have an opinion, your blog is the only one I have read, so I will have to do a lot of reading to get an idea of what the problems are and what solutions are available.

Congratulations, they couldn't have found a better moderator. That I have an opinion on.

Kate Cohen said...

shick -- I'll do the survey after the mom-in-law heads home -- T minus 36 hours and counting.