Monday, September 17, 2007

Michelle's a caveman


Well, not exactly, but like those cavemen on TV she proved that Geico can easily save you money -- she did it without even buying Geico insurance.

A couple of weeks ago she got a notice from our Farmers agent that her premium was increasing by about $100 for six months, and without an explanation. Michelle, being Michelle, declared that this was something up with which she would not put! So she e-mailed poor Vern, demanding an accounting and noting in passing that her research showed Geico offered the same coverage for much less money.

Vern wrote back the next day to say that -- surprise! -- his research showed she was eligible for a discount he hadn't noticed before, and in fact her premium would be lower than it had been. Not only that, but since we both have our policies with the same agent, I'd be receiving a $54 rebate on the policy I just paid.

Michelle rohhhhhhhcks.

All this comes to mind because of her refrigerator post. Turns out that new refrigerator is incredibly loud, like the '64 Olds Cutlass I bought back in 1976. She went back to Home Depot to complain, and I fully expected her to come back with a gold-plated, state-of-the-art, gin-dispensing monster, and maybe a new range and dishwasher to boot. But no. They stuck to their lame policy and we decided to stick with our low-end fridge, figuring we'd get used to the jet-engine roar one of these years.

Michelle still rocks. I'm just saying.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Jet engine roar?
Wow.

freda said...

OK. This is going to sound like an ad, but next time call GEICO. I bet you would save money. An agent with another company wanted to give me an offer I couldn't refuse, and they were serious. The pitch was, buy both your home and car insurance with us and we will save you a fortune. They wanted to charge me more for six months car insurance than I pay for the entire year with GEICO.

Michelle said...

dude, that's the point. i DID call Geico. I got a lower quote and used it to force my insurance to give me an even LOWER quote.

freda said...

cool dude