Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I couldn't help myself


Just got back from a lovely afternoon walk around West Seattle and inevitably found myself at Easy Street Records, where I picked up Neil Young's new record, along with the new Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings and the double-CD recording of that 15-year-old Dylan tribute concert that I mentioned in the previous post. I haven't listened to any of them yet -- they're loading into iTunes as I speak -- but reviews will come later.

I find it hard to get out of Easy Street without some new music and, in my last few visits, a short stack and a couple eggs and grapefruit juice. I can't help it, it's a cool place. Kind of a combination of The Shorehouse and the Wow, two old Long Beach faves, transported a thousand miles up the coast. Spendy habit, but I guess I should be thankful it's only a record store/restaurant nine blocks away and not an Apple Store/BMW dealership.

In other news, this is a very tasty cup of coffee, which thanks to an incredible display of will power I'm enjoying without a cookie or piece of prematurely purchased Halloween candy.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Michelle, thanks for adding the Easy Street pic.