Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why I don't drive in the snow

I telecommuted to work Thursday and Friday, and here's why:



I saw this video last year, and man, has it ever stuck with me. Snow driving is crazy! Even when you think it's going to be normal, because the roads are cleared and blah blah, what have you, you never know when -- blammo -- you're going to be the one hitting that weird patch and -- slammo -- you're driving like one of these guys. I've only tried driving in the snow twice, and both times had horrible close calls. Scary yo. Not. Gonna. Do it.

It's been hard to run a rapidly moving story from home though, so I'm going to try to get into work on the bus tomorrow. More later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, baby-doll, celebrate your smarts and stay off the roads. That video justified my 'winter- wimpy' attitude and makes me feel proud.

If a bus is a must, stay off those that teeter over Seattle elevated guardrails.

I'll keep you in my prayers, whether you like it or not.

freda said...

I'm glad you have the option and the good sense to use it. That year that we lived in Fort Worth and I worked in Dallas my car went totally out of control on the toll road which was solid ice under the snow, I was in such a state of shock that when a truck driver stopped to haul me back on to the road I went on to work instead of going back home, then that night had to face the drive back.

freda said...

I read the article about the Seattle Times asking employees to give up a weeks pay, how is your paper doing?