Tuesday, September 18, 2007

On the nightstand/coffee table/back of the toilet

I've got several books going right now. Here's what I'm reading:

Travels With Charley, by John Steinbeck. Michelle and I have been taking turns reading this to each other in bed at night. It's a weirdly romantic ritual, and relaxing, and inspiring, writerlywise. I read this years ago and loved it, and am very much enjoying it the second time through. We're thinking about making our own cross-country trip, maybe next year, and Steinbeck's a great warm-up act.

How to Write a Book Proposal, by Michael Larsen. Still finishing up the appendix in this excellent guide, a gift from the awesome Kate Cohen. It will help immensely with an idea I've been kicking around.




Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big With Expert Play, by Ed Miller, David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth. I'm rereading this bible of low-limit poker, a few pages a day. To see whether any of it's sinking in, track my progress here.

No comments: