Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Free books




Sweet. I raided the free book pile here at the PI and got a bunch of interesting looking uncorrected proofs. These books, friends, are going free to faithful M&M readers. Respond in the comments to put dibs on the books you want:

Young Stalin, by Simon Sebag Montefiore. "Macabrely fascinating... Stalin's character is brilliantly drawn." Mail on Sunday.

Innovate Like Edison: The success system of America's greatest inventor. By Michael J. Gelb, author of "How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci."

Marx's Das Kapital: Sorry, I'm keeping this one. Val mocked me once for not having read it -- or was that Mein Kamf?

Conversations with Woody Allen: Sorry. Dibs.


Richard M. Nixon: A life in full, by Conrad Black.

Why Not Catch 21? 50 book titles and their origins.

The Best American Spiritual Writing, 2007.

Oscar Wilde and a Death of No Importance. A Mystery. By Gyles Brandreth.

Thomas Paine's Rights of Man.

The Dangerous Book for Dogs, By Rex and Sparky. A parody.

6 comments:

freda said...

Could you hang on to Thomas Paine's Rights of Man for me please?

Michelle said...

sure -- I'll mail it to you.

Mark said...

Good pickups baby.

I'd be happy to receive Conversations With Woody Allen.

Mark said...

Dibs, schmibs.

I quote: "These books, friends, are going free to faithful M&M readers."

What am I if not a faithful reader? That's practically all I do!

I think you should come across with the Woody Allen, my friend.

Kate Cohen said...

Freda: Good snag -- I am re-reading Paine's Age of Reason at Google Books. It's a really neat scan of 1896 edition. Check it our here.

freda said...

Don't mail it to me, I'm going to be travelling. Just hold on to it.

Hi Kateco.