Friday, November 30, 2007

Michelle's new soul mate

We've both mentioned here a couple of times how cool and fitting it seemed that Facebook declared Michelle and me "soul mates" based on our independent ratings of a bunch of movies. But man, disagree on just a couple of flicks (Michelle liked "Beowulf," I didn't; I liked "I'm Not There," she didn't), and watch what happens.

I happened to glance at Michelle's Facebook profile today and learned that not only have she and some hipster named Bill Chappell "compared movie taste" online but that they're -- yep -- newly minted soul mates!

Un-damn-believable. And on Kaye and Val's 22nd wedding anniversary!

So far Facebook still has M&M listed as soul mates too, but I'm kind of afraid to hit the refresh button, given our last couple trips to the multiplex. Maybe we'll be downgraded to buddies or casual acquaintances -- or that most dreaded of Facebook pairing comments: "Hmmm."

I don't know. I don't like the looks of this dude.


5 comments:

Kate Cohen said...

At the risk of sounding so web-one-point-zero, the myfacespace kind of gives me the creeps.

Mark said...

Thank you, Kaye. Really, right?

I love the Internet, but it's not the place to find a soul mate. I like to do it the old-fashioned way, at an Al Green concert.

freda said...

ooh, I love Al Green

Kate Cohen said...

yeah or your college newspaper office

... also a good place to pickup a Friend For Life or two

Kate Cohen said...

PS: we are old farts, still wanting it old school in the age of the orgasmatron.